The objectives of the Association are-
- To preserve and enhance the quality of residential living and wellbeing for West Leederville residents;
- To ensure that any future proposed amendments to the Town Planning Scheme by the Town of Cambridge is consistent with the preservation and enhancement of residential living for West Leederville residents;
- To preserve and enhance the availability of amenities and recreational spaces for the resident community;
- To ensure that any proposed future project implemented by the Town of Cambridge is consistent with the preservation and enhancement of the existing residential character of West Leederville;
- To be a strong and independent community voice promoting community spirit and cooperation in ensuring the maintenance of local traffic safety and convenience for the benefit of all community members;
- To be a cohesive group of community members which can represent and encompass the views of the West Leederville community and play a role in informing the Town of Cambridge regarding decisions relevant to our community;
- To be a forum where community-minded people can present and discuss their concerns, suggestions and opinions , with a view to promoting comprehensive consultative practices .
- To enhance members’ understanding of Council processes, so to actively participate in them, with a view to promote duly reached decisions of the Association in Council;
- To liaise with the Town of Cambridge councillors with a view to encouraging them to act in the community’s interest.